Friday 21 December 2012

Baby Rabbit Hat - first post!

So, first post! I planned on starting (or re-starting, technically) a blog of crafting things I've made or things I've seen that have taken my fancy as a new year's resolution but I guess I just couldn't wait that long!


So to start off, here's a little rabbit hat I made for Carolyn at work who's just given birth to a little girl, baby Jessica Elizabeth (congrats to her and her husband David!).  I got the pattern from Ravelry, it's called "Blue Rabbit Hat" and it's by Mel Clark, and best of all it's a FREE pattern.  It's the first time I've ever followed a chart to use colours and I think it turned out pretty well.   My mum made the booties as I have trouble with anything too small and fiddly (honestly, I can't do anything smaller than hats!) and Carolyn seemed really pleased with them.  I'd highly recommend the pattern too - I had to turn the brim up on mine as I wasn't paying attention and made the ribbing section too long, but my mum has used the same pattern and her hats look lovely.


I've quite a few things I've made to post on here over the next few days, between getting ready for Christmas and tidying the flat... you've been warned! :)

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment