And here's the completed backing!
Sunday, 28 April 2013
Saturday, 27 April 2013
You know when you measure your nice quilt top and then measure it and buy some material for the backing, which doesn't fit? So you buy another half metre... Which still doesn't fit. So you have to chop and adjust and chop some more, until you come up with something like this.....
Wednesday, 17 April 2013
Lack of posts due to lack of crafting - I've been meeting up with chums and decorating my previously hated bathroom (the only room that I hadn't decorated since moving in in November 2011 (apart from when upstairs leaked through my bathroom light and I had to replace the flooring...)). The tiles were horrible and old fashioned and the walls were beige and dark. The ceiling was grey with soot from burning too many candles when my heating didn't work... Sigh. Never again.
More photos soon.....
Thursday, 11 April 2013
I've managed to sew all the strips together, but I don't have enough squares to make it a 14x14 quilt, so my current plan is to have a solid yellow strip at the top and bottom to make it equally proportioned... Will have to buy some nice backing fabric soon.
Monday, 8 April 2013
Haven't updated in a while as I've been busy and working on my mum's quilt (hi mum!) and I don't want to spoil the surprise.
I've finally had enough of my iron dribbling all over my projects and letting off frightening amounts of steam so I'm off to buy a new one today (exciting, I know). In the meantime, I started sewing the squares for the summer baby's quilt together as they were already cut out, and Dillan's red binding needs pressing. These are 4" squares and currently in a 14x12 size - I might change my mind and make it square, we'll see....